Why Senator Bob Gardner for Senate District 12
Bob Leads Republican Caucus to FIGHT for your Children’s Education
Share your comments and concerns with Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Colorado Sun – One of the GOP’s most effective weapons against the Democratic agenda this year has been a 65-year-old veteran lawmaker from Colorado Springs with an ability to talk seemingly forever.
It was Sen. Bob Gardner, whose tactics have been memorialized on a bumper sticker and are known around the Capitol as “Bobbing.” The steel-haired man would saunter down to the well over the Senate floor and take his time as he spoke at length, turning his gaze from side to side in a room that mostly emptied by the time he was halfway through his talks, referring to himself as a “simple country lawyer.”
His ubiquitous voice has been the tip of the spear, his words-so many of them-used to slow the movement of bills ranging from Democratic efforts to regulate how Colorado colleges respond to sexual assault to another joining the state onto the national popular vote compact
I think Sen. Gardner might have a corporate sponsorship from Halls cough drops,” Rep. Singer said. “He’s pretty impressive. I’ve never heard his voice crack before. It just seems to have this lilt that only professional, vocally trained people could have.;”
Bob steadfastly OPPOSES Obamacare and its crippling effect on health-care consumers and employers. Bob sponsored legislation in 2013 that made sure Colorado families wouldn’t lose their health-care coverage due to this disastrous federal mandate
RELENTLESS warrior for Second Amendment rights
- Led the fight against Democrat gun-control measures like an arbitrary ban on gun magazines and unwarranted restrictions on gun sales.
- Sponsored legislation to speed up background checks and to ensure that those denied have a timely and fair review.
- Supports the right to use deadly force to protect our homes AND businesses from invaders.
FIGHTING Effectively for the Taxpayers
- “I am very proud of the work that we’ve done in slowing things down and turning some things back, not nearly enough. And we will continue to that for another week,” Gardner said.
- He’s known as one of the Republicans’ most vocal debaters and was part of the court case that ensure bills read at length would have to be done so at an intelligible speed.
- Senator Bob Gardner Demonstrates True Leadership
- Supported and co-sponsored a fetal homicide bill and voted for such measures numerous times.
- Introduced an amendment to prohibit all abortions after 20 weeks except in cases where the life of the mother was at stake.
- Consistently opposed public funding of programs that provide abortions.
DEFENDER of traditional marriage
- Fought against at slippery-slope policies that sought to establish same-sex marriage-lite.
- Opposed EVERY attempt by legislative Democrats to establish designated-beneficiary status and civil unions for same-sex couples.
- Voted against ALL legislation changing the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman.
- Opposed a change of the definition of “family” in state benefits programs.
Religious Freedom FIGHTER
- Opposed liberal legislation to force church adoption programs to place children with same-sex couples
- Fought Democrat legislation that forced small businesses to FORFEIT their beliefs and introduced measures to protect businesses from such onerous requirements
- Introduced amendments to protect churches from having to hire workers whose sexual practices violated their beliefs.
TOUGH on crime
- Committed to SAFEGUARDING our streets, neighborhoods and CHILDREN from crime
- Sponsored numerous pieces of legislation to keep our communities SAFE, ensure sex offenders were registered and punished when they violated the terms of their release, make sure drunken drivers who kill behind the wheel face justice, and protect children from internet sex predators and violent attacks at school ensure sex offenders do not elude prosecution due to statutes of limitations